Spices are the heart and soul of Indian cuisine. India produces, consumes, and exports more spices than any other country in the world. These spices include cumin, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, garlic, turmeric, bay leaf, and many other robust and aromatic elements.
“Masala dabba” directly translates to “spice box,” meaning exactly what it says: an organized mixture of essential spices in a convenient box for every day use. Every household in India, and every Indian household in America has a masala dabba in the kitchen. It is simply the way spices are stored and used when cooking. In fact, there is a tradition in Indian weddings in which the mother of the bride gifts her daughter with her own masala dabba to use as she starts her own family. For this reason, masala dabba is more than just a box of spices; it symbolizes a mother’s love and blessings for the family.
Superfood Veda –My Mom’s Masala Dabba
1) space saver 9 compartment dabba is your culinary voyage to Indian Cuisine.
2) we are providing high quality stainless steel customized dabba handcrafted in India.
3) Dabba will be filled with authentic species, some whole and some superfood Veda blends ( handmade and slow roasted in small batches)
4) All the canisters have Plexiglas lids to preserve the quality of the species and also make it quite easy to see the spice it holds.
A. 1 big canister with 4 compartments: 1) Cumin 2) Green Cardamom 3) Black mustard Seed 4) Cloves
B. 8 small canisters: 1) Turmeric powder 2) Garam masalal 3) Tea spice mix 4) Bombay masala 5) Tandoori masala 6) Indian Bay leaves 7) Indian cinnamon sticks, star Anise, Black cardamom 8) Kashmiri red chili powder
Make your own masala dabba with Superfood Veda spice blends! We have several spice mixtures available:
• garam masala
• tandoori masala
• goda masala – blend of spices with a hint of sweetness
• Tea spice mix
• fall spice mix
• winter spice mix – made with a blend of warming spices
• every day spice mix
• summer spice
• sweet goodness – made especially for desserts
• Bombay masala
• Superfood Veda special mix
• Bourbon masala mix – a special fusion between Indian and American cultures